Wednesday, September 08, 2010

First Day of Preschool!

While I certainly owe a post about the move/being in Portland, today marks a significant landmark for the entire family: Martin started Preschool!

Now, Martin was pretty certain he didn't want to go, particularly as it got closer. We talked about new things being scary and Martin tried to negotiate his way out of it, but it turns out that both tears and going were inevitable. Because it is next door, I was able to listen to hear that the tears lasted all of 60 seconds. And then the sheer wonderfulness of having 4 hours where everyone's needs in the entire family were being met without me doing a single thing for anyone but myself almost resulted in me skipping to school.

I am also happy to report that upon leaving preschool he informed me that "preschool was scary, but it was fun!" Highlights included playing with a fishing pole and a great wooden boat and some sort of art project with jars (I think art projects come home at the end of the week).

I tried to get a picture of Martin carrying his lunch basket, but it didn't go so well. I did get a picture of him on the bench in front of the school and in front of the neighborhood "Grandfather" tree the children visit every morning on their welcome walk. (And I don't understand the smirk smile that has become the camera smile.)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Preschool is the best day ever! Having some time to yourself is always a good feeling. How are you liking Portland???