8:15 - M wakes up to J's shutting the door to go to work. Demands milk. Will not go back to sleep. Plays with a tiny hole in mommy's gray shirt for 15 minutes while Mommy tries to get motivated to get up.
8:30 - Talk M into letting me feel his teeth. Molar is breaking through. Explains the past few days of behavior.
8:35 - Leave the bed. Fill up pitcher with water to make the requisite "hot" in the humidifier so M will calm down.
8:40 - Put sausage and milk on stove. Give M stuff to "set" table. Cut up apple, hand to M in a bowl for him to spill it all over the floor. Pick up apple, put on table. Put toast in oven and sausage on table.
8:50 - Realize after I've started drinking my steamed milk that I forgot my pills. Dang that interaction. oh well. Take pills.
8:51 - Get M up to the table. Butter toast, sit at table.
8:52 - Argue with M over whether I'll butter the toast a second time.
8:55 - Argue with M over whether I'll let him eat butter straight from the cube. Ends with M throwing toast and therefore breakfast done. Try to talk M into washing hands
9:00 - Start shower. Call Arie to ask her what she would do about the butter. Leave message. M NEEDS the phone. NEEDS IT. Give it to him.
9:05 - M doesn't want to take a shower. Turn on Sesame Street (first time I've attempted this) so I can take a shower.
9:10 - M is at shower door. Wants in. Mommy says no - not with phone. Martin says yes, Mommy says no, Martin throws phone into shower. Battery falls out. Mommy grabs pieces, jumps out of shower and quickly dries it off and places it on shelf. Martin rages (walking aimlessly, shouting, hands on and off head) in the living room.
9:11 - M rages into the bathroom, slips on water from Mommy hoping out to save the phone. Starts crying, but Mommy has soap everywhere. Mommy helps M into shower and directs him to toys.
9:14 - M wants to be held. Mommy invents a counting game ( to 3! and 4!) to keep him busy.
9:20 - M still is counting (well, I count, he moves objects in and out of buckets), I hop out, dry off, etc.
9:25 - M wants out. Refuses towel. Walks out dripping wet to Sesame Street which is now infinitely interesting because they are.... COUNTING TO 3! .... and SINGING!
9:30 - Pack M's diaper bag for the sitter, get dressed, try to dry hair since I'm guest teaching later in the day. Have to play open and shut door game while drying hair.
9:40 - Get M's clothes together. Go to get him dressed in living room, only to have him declare he is HUNGRY. Needs food. NOW. Not the breakfast sitting on the table. Jarred food. Apparently half of two different jar foods. Brings out a 3rd jar and is upset when mommy won't open yet a third type of orange jar food. Sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie apparently isn't winter squash. Throws jar. Thus ends snack. I go and try to salvage pants from orange hand prints (is is sweet potato or pumpkin pie?)... since I'm guest teaching today.
9:50 - Wrangle M while signing along with the itsy bitsy spider to get his clothes on.
9:55 - M declares he is ready to leave the house. NOW. RIGHT NOW. Shoes? Who needs shoes? Get shoes on.
10:05 - Fine. I'll open the apartment door so M can at least get into the hall. Hurriedly pack my own bag.
10:08 - close the door. M shouts at me. He wants to close the door. Fine. Open door, he "shuts" it.
10:10 - ask M to stay looking at the fish and the frog while I go 15 yards down the block to put the bags in the car.
10:15 - practice crossing the street... 8 times... all four corners.
10:20 - pick up random big flowers from neighbors tree off the ground.
10:25 - talk M into working his way back to car. Stop at fish and frog.
10:30 - finally make to car. Buckle in, find a toy to keep him occupied.
10:39 - arrive at sitters.
10:41 - let M knock on sitter's door.
10:44 - Nurse M, chat with sitter. M falls asleep.
10:58 - Lay M down. M wakes up. Try to get him to fall back asleep
11:10 - Give up on the sleep. Probably means no nap today.
11:15 - Leave M, crying, because he is sleepy.
11:16 - Call J to tell him when he needs to pick up M
11:18 - Get on bus
11:27 - Arrive in downtown. Walk to school.
11:45 - Find someone to let me into GIS lab so I can get my notebook I left there yesterday. Finish yesterday's lab.
12:05 - Walk upstairs, get to cubicle. Try to decide what has to be done before 2pm meeting and if that includes grabbing lunch.
I started this thinking that I was going to do the whole day - including the part where I met M and J outside my school building and M wouldn't leave for dinner because there were trains, street cars, helicopters, and airplanes plus a ramp to run down. But I'm exhausted. With good reason apparently. Maybe some other time I'll do my afternoon.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It really is exhausting to think about how much moms actually do!
Post a Comment