Thursday, November 06, 2008

Newport Beach


I missed Martin's 11 month birthday blog post. Sorry to all that were expecting it. The above picture was taken on it - which is better than I've done in past months. Anyhow, we were in picture rather than blog mode. We were in Newport Beach hanging out with the girls and the little ones. A grand time was had by all.



Aunt Emily and Martin got to know each other a bit better.




Lilly learned to smile


Everyone, including Martin, loved playing in the sand across the sidewalk


Belle and great grandma had some serious discusion

And there was some serious cooperation from the twins in moving the sand to the plants!



Thank you to HJ for putting this together. It was nice to see the kids play and nice to get to know you better. We will have to do it again some time.

P.S. - I also want to thank HJ for her recent comment in a previous post about my health. Her comment nailed it as far as the hardest part is feeling like you aren't yourself and that your bond with child (and also in my case, spouse) is slipping away. It also came at a perfect time since I am changing dosages yet again this week and am quite anxious about yo-yoing between dosages. It helps to know from someone that has been there, done that, that this will eventually will be sorted out, and I will eventually feel like myself again.

2 comments:

Pamela Williams said...

love the pictures nicole, martin is such a happy baby. im glad you guys had fun in newport. im jealous! i havent been able to take a trip in a while...you know how i am with traveling. but march isnt far off and after that youll be seeing me much more often :D

Katie I. said...

Martin is simply the cutest little boy. I LOVE the pictures! :) He is getting so big and I'm glad we will be able to see you at faux-Christmas! I can't wait!