Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Congrats to Justin

Justin had a very good day today. After several years of shopping a paper stemming from his dissertation, it has finally found a home. Hurray!!! This will be his first publication and hopefully will mark the start of several that are floating out there finding their homes. I am very proud of him. I'm especially proud that he has persisted despite being in a funky feild while teaching an insane course load over the past 7 years. Yea for Justin!

P.S. - We've had a friendly laugh going between us at the possibility of the non-academic publishing before the academic. Currently, I have 1 paper submitted to a journal, 1 in a stringent peer review with the EPA so it can go out to a journal, 1 half written and another that needs to be written from a technical report. Despite my 4 articles floating out there, I'm so glad the irony didn't work out this time! (And also hope that the karma rubs off on my papers in progress.... 4 or 5 articles in the next year between the two of us would mark a fantastic 2006!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you Justin. Way to go. We are proud of you too. Now you should post the paper or tell us where we can find it. Love you both.