Posting these also reminded me of a few things I missed in the update.
- He still has "goopy eye" or otherwise known as a blocked tear duct. Just when I think it is resolving on its own, we have a few days of awful looking crusties. Today we are in the midst of those crusties. Doctor last month said to keep putting off dealing with it because fixing it, while not a hard procedure, does require a general. (Have a mentioned I love my Portland ped?) So, I think we will give it until his year appointment before we work on a referral.
- He is still in our bed. We have loved our family bed; I'd do it again in a heat beat with another child. With me being alone a great deal of his first 6 months, it greatly simplified getting through the night without another parent. And while I don't know a single person who doesn't think this sleeping face is cute,
this favorite pose of his is starting to cramp everyone's style.
So live it up baby! Because when we move to Portland on your 9 month birthday, after 18 months of uncomfortable sleep, Mommy plans on sharing her full size bed with Papa instead of you! (And question for the internets... can I put him into a toddler bed? Mari, what did you do with C when L arrived?)
2 comments:
you got me there nicole, i dont know who wouldnt think that face was cute. i miss sleeping next to martin in your bed!
Well, first I got a toddler bed from my mother in law that is very close to the floor...then you get a guard rail...you can get them at walmart or on the internet. I just got one and then pushed the bed to the wall. Then, I put a pack n' play in the room next to the bed so that he would get used to sleeping in that room, then I would I would put him in his big boy bed for naps and gradually made the transition...BUT, Connor was about 19 months old when we started the process, and even then I don't know if I would have done it had Lauren not come. Good luck, let me know how it works out!
Post a Comment