Sunday, May 20, 2007

A little update (sorry for the grouchiness)

Well, it is Sunday afternoon. I've spent the weekend mostly sleeping and trying to keep food down. While I haven't ever felt great during the pregnancy, I did have a 2 week span there where I wasn't sick to the point of throwing up. It seems, for whatever reason, that my barfing days are not over. It is getting old. Blech.

I did get out yesterday to try and return a pair of slacks I ordered from Gap online because despite their tag, they were decidedly not short. The trip was frusterating. I drove (yes, drove in Portland) to a far-flung Gap because they actually carry the maternity line in their brick and morter store. Yet, I couldn't find a replacement for the slacks. Even worse, I had talked myself into thinking the trip would be worth it to get a pair of jeans. The 6A jeans in two different styles fit perfectly but probably wouldn't be a good investment for the remainder of the pregnancy... although if I don't stop barfing, maybe? Only one style had an 8A in stock, which was actually 2.5 inches longer in the inseam then the 6A! Not pleased. I left the store with a pair of black pants (not slacks... there is a difference!) I'm not sure I'll keep, two long sleve shirts and no jeans. (Long sleve in May you say? Well, in Portland, rainy days like today are still long sleve t-shirt days no matter what time of year.)

On a happier note, Grandma Clark asked about gender in an email. While 13 weeks is usually a bit early to tell in an ultrasound, our little one wasn't shy at all. So, while the ultrasound tech thought it deserved an arrow (but no typed pronouncement) and I am not ordering anything blue yet (Arie, if I were you, I would stop sewing/knitting pink things!), it does look likely that this baby will be a boy. But I'll let you decide if you are brave enough to purchase anything completely gendered yourself.



P.S. - We also love gender neutral things in our house. No worries about sissy boys or tomboy girls from toys or clothes here.

1 comment:

Aurelie said...

Don't worry Nicole. I already started blue booties and finished a blue romper. I've got Baby Elardo covered.